Every year, Community School depends on the Annual Appeal for revenue beyond tuition to support an outstanding learning environment for students and teachers.
Those same needs remain in 2020-2021, but now the school also faces extraordinary costs to provide a safe and flexible learning environment during the pandemic.
Our school has already invested over $100,000 to be able to operate for in-person learning in as safe a manner as possible. These costs were not foreseeable or able to be budgeted for. The 2020-2021 Community School Annual Appeal will help cover costs for:
- Additional custodial staff to maintain a clean and disinfected facility
- Remote learning technology upgrades and Chromebooks for all students
- Hand sanitizer stations, sanitizing equipment, temperature scanners
- Plumbing upgrades including touchless flushers and faucets in our bathrooms
- New filtered water fountains that fill water bottles
- PPE and signage for our buildings
Additionally, we continue to offer meaningful ways to give to our Annual Appeal. Our Giving Tree is a way for families or individuals to purchase leaves representing various levels of giving: gold, silver and bronze. Our tree is prominently displayed in our high school gymnasium lobby. We also offer other naming opportunities that are available in both of our buildings and can be paid over a period of time for up to three years. All of these wonderful opportunities to impact our school community. Whatever level of giving you are comfortable with is a great way to support our school.
Whether you give $50 or $5,000, know that your gift has an immediate and significant impact on each student’s daily experience and no gift is too big or too small. Every dollar counts. Every gift matters. Every donor makes a difference.
Chairperson, Board of Trustees